How to Survive Disney with Little Kids
Disney trips are magical for the whole family but they can be a lot of work if you have little kids. Many people question if they should bring small kids to Disney but seeing Disney through your kids eyes will make the whole vacation worth it! The key to a successful Disney vacation with little kids is planning. Take a look at my top tips for surviving Disney with little ones!
Top Disney Survival Tips
- Be at the park for rope drop. I recommend everyone be at the park for rope drop but it’s often more feasible for families with little ones. Many people like to sleep in on vacation but most little kids are up early which makes rope drop optimal. Being at the park for rope drop allows you to get lots of attractions done in a short time.
- Schedule an afternoon nap or pool break. Many little ones take naps so it makes sense to head back around lunch and get a nap or pool break. An afternoon break is actually great for the whole family because it gives everyone a chance to recharge and rest for the evening.
- Plan at least one sit-down meal daily. Being at a Disney park is go-go-go and often meals are at weird times or completely missed altogether. Having one planned sit-down meal allows you to plan ahead and you know everyone will have some time to eat and enjoy a nice meal. As a parent, this is something you will look forward to with all the craziness of the Disney shuffle.
- Prepare for the fireworks. Staying for the fireworks will require you stay at the park late, past your kids bedtime. If you have the option, I would take this morning and afternoon off from the park and just go in the evening. This allows for a pool/rest day and hopefully your kids will be rested up for the late night. I would schedule this day ahead so you can plan accordingly.
- Disney’s Rider Swap. Disney has an awesome rider swap program which allows both parents to ride thrill rides without waiting in line twice. One parent will wait the full wait time and after they ride, the other parent can go to the front of the line and ride too. This is an amazing program so definitely take advantage of it!
- Bring Help with You: My family is very lucky and our grandparents travel with us. Having extra hands to help with the kids will always be helpful. If this is an option for you, definitely consider it!
Traveling with Kid Necessities
Traveling to Disney with little ones is a lot of work. You will need these must-have items the next time you travel with your kids!
These are some great items you will use at home, during other travels, and they will be super handy at Disney. You’ll need a backpack for all your stuff, a first aid kit is great because someone is always going to get a blister, and the stroller organizer is awesome for organizing your stuff and keeping your drinks cool! If you’re looking for great items for traveling with kids, check out Best of Amazon for Kids.
Are you considering visiting Disney World this year? Check out all the latest news on Disney’s reopening!