Everything You Need To Know About Disney World’s Reopening
On May 27th, Orange County approved plans for Disney World’s reopening of their theme parks to begin starting on July 11. To ensure safety, Disney World will significantly reduce capacity at their parks, hotels, restaurants, etc. For up-to-date Disney reopening news, check out the updates section below!
“We certainly want to open up as soon as we can across the world, but we’re going to do so in a responsible way,” – Bob Chapek, Disney CEO
The Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will reopen on July 11 while Epcot and Hollywood Studios will reopen on July 15.
Disney will be using an advanced reservation system for park entry focusing on Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Members, Annual Passholders and those will existing park tickets.
**Until further notice, Disney is not taking new hotel reservations or selling new park tickets.
I love these wine glasses! They have definitely been a cute addition to our home during coronavirus!
At this time, Disney has temporarily suspending high touch experiences and large gatherings i.e. parades, fireworks, character meet and greets, etc. If you’re visiting the Disney Parks soon I would also bring some personal Disinfectant Spray – Hand Sanitizerto be extra safe.
**Character meet and greets are temporarily suspended but the characters will still be in the parks!
All guests 2 years and older are required to wear a face mask, guests must have their temperature screened prior to park entry, and cashless payment is strongly encouraged.
Disney is placing social distancing floor decals and signs through the parks!
Disney is cancelling all existing dining reservations and dining plans through September 2021.
**Once the advanced reservation system is online, guests will have ability to book dining reservations 60 days in advance.
As of now, Disney will also not be using the Fastpass system and will be cancelling all Fastpass reservations.
Disney’s DVC resorts and the Fort Wilderness Campground will reopen on June 22. DVC Hilton Head and Vero Beach will reopen on June 15.
There is no official word when non-DVC resorts will reopen.
Keep Checking Here for Updates
Disney World’s reopening is great but there is still a lot of unknown information. Keep checking this post as we will provide updates when there is new info available!
6/6/20 UPDATE: Disney provided a detailed update on resorts, experiences, dining, and annual passes ahead of Disney World’s reopening on July 11.
Here are a few major updates:
- You must have a valid park ticket to enter the park. If you have a hotel reservation but not a park ticket, you will not have access to the parks.
- Disney’s Magical Express will still be available to hotel guests
- Minnie Van Service will not be available at this time
6/10/20 UPDATE: Disneyland proposes reopening of Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure on July 17. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen on July 23 and Downtown Disney will reopen on July 9.
- Like Disney World, Disneyland will be using a reservation system for park entry
- Disneyland is also pausing new ticket sales and annual passholder renewals
- Hong Kong Disneyland will reopen to the public on June 18
6/16/20 UPDATE: Disney resort guests checking in June 22 through July 10, 2020 can make dining reservations starting on June 18 by calling the Disney Dining Reservation Center.
- At this time, hotel reservations are required for dining reservations
- The only restaurant offering a character experience will be Topolino’s Terrace at Disney’s Riveria Resort.
- Many Disney resorts will be reopening on June 22, check out which ones !
6/19/20 UPDATE: Disney has announced details on their new reservation system which goes live at 7 A.M on June 22, 2020. The reservation system can be accessed via the My Disney Experience website or app.
- Beginning June 22 – Disney resort guests will valid theme park tickets can make reservations.
- Beginning June 26 -Annual Passholders without a resort stay can make reservations.
- June 28 – Existing ticket holders can make reservations.
- Disney could be using the reservation system for park entry through 2021
- Park hopping will not be available when the parks reopen in July
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party will be cancelled for 2020
- Disney’s H2O Nights at Typhoon Lagoon will be cancelled for 2020
- The Epcot Food and Wine Festival will begin on July 15, 2020 and continue throughout the fall.
- Click here for Disney World’s Reservation System!
7/14/20 UPDATE: For information on how to use Disney’s Park Pass System, check it out here!