Disney Face Mask Policy Updates
The world has completely changed from last year and we are now required to wear face masks everywhere.
Disney has been very strict about their face mask policy since the beginning of the pandemic. We’ll walk through Disney’s face mask policy and how to be prepared for your Disney World vacation during the pandemic.
PIN ME FOR LATER!
***Disclaimer*** This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn an affiliate commission if you click on an affiliate link. Full disclosure, I only post products that I have or recommend!
Official Disney Face Mask Policy
We’ll start by covering the Disney World official face mask policy which is available on the Disney website.
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
Face coverings may have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer’s mouth. These face coverings must:
- Be a fabric face covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
- Meet all face covering requirements listed above
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.
Disney Face Mask Policy Tips
I’ll sum up the Disney face mask policy here.
- Disney guests 2 years and older are required to wear a mask at all time except when eating or swimming
- Disney guests are allowed to remove face coverings to eat or drink but you must remain stationary
- Disney will only allow face masks with ear holes. No gaiters, bandanas, or mesh face coverings
- The Disney Face Mask policy requires Disney guests to wear a mask even if they’ve had the COVID vaccine
- Disney guests are not allowed to remove their face masks for pictures
Disney cast members are very strict at ensuring Disney guests are wearing their face masks at all times.
On my last Disney trip in January 2021, I saw several Disney cast members approach guests to ensure the Disney face mask policy was followed.
Disney Face Mask Policy and Dining
In the last few days, Disney modified their face mask policy for dining at Disney restaurants.
Before you dine at Walt Disney World Resort, please be aware that you’ll need:
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up, which must be worn in all public areas and can only be removed while actively eating or drinking. Face coverings must be worn while standing, waiting or sitting in dining locations.
This modification indicates Disney guests will need to wear their face masks while at Disney restaurants if not actively eating or drinking.
It is unclear how strictly Disney will enforce this policy but know there is the potential you will be asked to wear your face mask while at a Disney restaurant.
Is It Uncomfortable to Wear a Face Mask All Day?
I know many people are postponing their Disney vacations because of the Disney mask policy. Frankly, while at Disney, the face mask became second nature to me and I completely forgot I was wearing it.
If you are concerned about visiting the Disney parks because of the pesky masks, you will completely forget about it once your at the happiest place on earth.
If the weather is going to be hot during your Disney vacation, consider bringing multiple masks. Many people do complain their face masks have gotten sweaty so you can completely mitigate this by bringing multiple masks for each park day.
Disney Face Mask Policy and Kids
Another concern of Disney park goers is getting your kids to wear a face mask. This is a completely valid concern.
If you have kids over the age of 2 and they will have difficulty wearing a mask, you may want to consider postponing your Disney trip.
I know many people have been concerned about this so try practicing at home before you decide to postpone your trip. Kids will often surprise you.
Unfortunately, its seems that face masks are here to stay, at least for the short term. Disney’s face mask policy really isn’t different from the mask policy at stores or schools.
Make sure to follow our tips for conquering Disney’s face mask policy and have a great Disney vacation, even during the pandemic!
Disney Related Posts